From:
Maitland Westbrook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 02:45:30 -0800
Anne,

Read the book "Forced Into Glory: Abraham Lincoln's White Dream" by Lerone
Bennett, Jr.  Here, Mr Bennett reveals Lincoln for who he really was and
what he really thought.

What makes this book so good is it's references - it's a highly
documnented book, with quotes from Douglas (who really did not like
Lincoln, but was able to deal with him) and other, black and white, who
were with Lincoln before and during the war and knew him the best.

A real surprising book, and a real eye opener.

M. Westbrook