From:
Sam Treynor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2008 08:15:10 -0500
Kevin,

You're right.  I should have asked which we had more reason to fear, liberty
or power.

My answer to your first question is that there are certainly good reasons to
engage in historic preservation, but there aren't sufficiently good reasons
to justify the taking of money by force (taxation) to do so.

One of the reasons for studying history is to learn its lessons, one of
which is the dangers of government, and another of which is the benefits of
free enterprise.

Regards,
Sam