From:
Melinda Skinner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:13:07 -0500
Re the CBS piece... it was stated that the shipment of the children
was done by the British government in partnership with the church
at the request of the Australian government, which wanted "anglo"
children to combat the expected (and feared) tide of Asians to Australia.
And this was in 1947.
-Melinda Skinner