From:
"Grundset, Eric" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2007 07:20:00 -0500
Whatever happened to FFV cookies? Are they still made or did the plant close? We haven't seen them in Fairfax County for years.

Also, does anyone know if there is a bakery in the Short Pump area of Henrico County that still makes the chocolate-frosted multi-layer yellow cake that was sold at the Thalheimer's bakery and more recently available at "Chicken's" in the State Capitol Building? I grew up eating that cake, was happy to get it at "Chicken's" and then it disappeared. They told me that there was a bakery in Short Pump that makes it, but I've not been able to figure out which one.

Eric

Eric G. Grundset
Library Director
DAR Library
National Society Daughters of the American Revolution
1776 D St., N.W.
Washington, DC 20006-5303
202-879-3313 (phone)
202-879-3227 (fax)