From:
qvarizona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2007 20:48:39 -0700
Excuse me, Anita; are you the only one who can comment on someone's post,
or am I missing your point completely?

  Seems to me the recent subject of "loving slaves" --which grew out of several other subject headings-- has covered many aspects of slavery, including iron ore and George Washington; affection  in the master/slave relationship; slavery before and after the "discovery" of the Americas;  Native Americans in New England,  and mention of apologies by the Commonwealth of VA for it's history of slavery and questions from others about what is owed.  Do you suggest Diane is out of line mentioning something already mentioned in recent posts?  Or is it that I'm  out of line commenting on Diane's posting without mentioning Virginia?

--Joanne

Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]> wrote: We went from loving the slaves to figuring what is owed to slaves. I did not
see any mention of you, or anyone else owing for slavery. Maybe you are on
the wrong list. We are discussing Virginia history, and unfortunately
slavery was a part of that history.  Lets try to stick to the subject here.

Anita

>From: qvarizona
>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Loving the slaves
>Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 08:56:13 -0700
>
>Right on, Diane.   --Joanne
>

>Diane Ethridge  wrote: For those of us who had
>ancestors who owned slaves & also had ancestors who
>were Quakers &/or who didn't believe in slavery so bought slaves in order
>free them, how do we figure the percentage of what we owe?    Then do we
>also owe on anything our ancestors did to the Jews, Irish, Catholics,
>Quakers,  Yankees, Hispanics, etc, etc.   Some of our ancestors were also
>probably one or more of all of these groups...I'm confused...sounds like
>somebody owes me?        There probably isn't an ethnic group, religion,
>skin color or a persons from certain areas of the country who hasn't felt
>the lash of prejudice or bad treatment from the majority or ruling class in
>any given place or time.  A good idea now would be to call it "even" & get
>life.
>
>Diane in TX

>Get the free Yahoo! toolbar and rest assured with the added security of
>spyware protection.

Who's that on the Red Carpet? Play & win glamorous prizes.
http://club.live.com/red_carpet_reveal.aspx?icid=REDCARPET_hotmailtextlink3

Got a little couch potato?