From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2007 13:18:51 -0700
I was in Virginia in 2000, and meant some of those who were coordinating
events for Jamestown. There were people of African & Native American descent
involved, so where is their point of view?

What is interesting is that many Welsh people do not consider themselves
English. They are the original people of Britain, who still have their own
language and culture. They too were colonized, by invaders from Rome, and
their land taken. Several have told me that they empathize with the Native
Americans and African Americans. They suffered a similar fate, but managed
to retain their land, culture, and history (which is thousands of years
old).

I say that to say, that others have suffered a similar fate, and their
exploitation is part of their history.

Anita