From:
Paul Finkelman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 15:30:48 -0600
not all Republicans, just those who want to use tax dollars to for the
support of religious schools or have prayers in public schools; or
posting religious statements on public property.  these are well known
positions of the present republican party; these are positions that
jefferson wuld surely oppose.  Jefferson considered that religious
freedom required a wall of separation between church and state; the
present Republican party opposes such a wall.

--
Paul Finkelman
Chapman Distinguished Professor of Law

918-631-3706 (office)