From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 18:58:36 -0500
Chickens originated from wild fowl in India, and were brought over
with the Europeans, so I doubt they had chicken eggs or meat. Some
things I've read describe the local Powhatan cuisine as quite tasty,
they made good use of local wild plants, berries, nuts, etc, for
seasoning their meals.

I'm far from an expert but I am guessing they drank water. Summer
would not be berry season [and it seems to me pressing them for juice
would be a great waste of resources], and they did not drink milk.
Although I did read of a drink made from the berry spike of Staghorn
Sumac that is said to taste something like lemonade.

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone