From:
Philip Schwarz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 17:01:03 -0400
There's a fair amount of discussion of shipping in 1619 and 1620 in the
two articles in which Thorndale and McCartney disagree about the August
1619 arrival date for the "20 and odd Negroes." See William Thorndale,
"The Virginia Census of 1619," Magazine of Virginia Genealogy 33 (Summer
1995): 155-70, and Martha W. McCartney, "An Early Virginia Census
Reprised," Quarterly Bulletin of the Archaeology Society of Virginia 54,
no. 4 (December 1999): 178-95.

Phil Schwarz
VCU