From:
Eric Huffstutler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Huffstutler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2018 08:10:12 -0400
In the community of Fairmount here in Richmond, VA was a horse race track named Fairfield Race Course.  Over the years it was purchased by someone named Peter Paul and there is now a neighborhood called Peter Paul where the track stood.

I know that it was in existence at least in May 1800, per a newspaper article about a race and one source mentions that it was one of the oldest in the state, opened around the time of the American Revolution.  It was still in operation before the Civil War but most likely not afterward and later property purchase articles and maps list it as the "old" race track and around 1915-1918, was being sold.  Part of the property was developed circa in the 1950s.

My question is... when did the Fairfield Race Course open and closed?

Thanks

Eric