From:
"Lonny J. Watro" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2007 10:20:10 -0500
If it is of any interest... West Virginians make potato salad with hard
boiled eggs. But so do western Marylanders and western Pennsylvanians. Could
be the English/Scottish influence or the "PA Dutch" ie Quaker influence?
Maybe a German influence - who can tell? It's done with 2 parts mayo and 1
part sour cream for the dressing - no salad dressing. And sometimes red
potatos are used with the skins left on. Would be happy to send my family
recipe off list if anyone is interested.

Lonny Watro
Short Gap, WV (very close to western MD and western PA)

P.S. Some of the people of western Maryland, West Virginia, and western PA
had ancestors who originated in Virginia. You can see a Virginia influence
in many of the foods that are served here.