From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2008 11:58:23 -0700
Codos to those who worked so hard on this project. The database is an excellent resource, and easy to maneuver.

It would be nice to see a database on the free blacks that settled in Nova Scotia. I located many Lewis and Bowden settlers (from Virginia), whose communities still exist today. William F. Buckley Senior did a photo archive of the blacks in Nova Scotia. I was able to view the photographs through the Nova Scotia Libraries website. Buckley was certainly a talented photographer and captured the essence of this community.

Anita