From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 19:58:07 -0500
Thanks for the links to the letter. I didn't read in it what you assert is
there. Lincoln said that his concerns over the constitutionality of the
Emancipation Proclamation would be judged in what happened next, and that
judgement was positive in that there was no re-enslavement by the north and
the constitutional amendments removed slavery from the law of the land.

Your second site was less impressive. The mission of the site seems to be
more political than educational. They want to provide materials for
southern home schools. Well, mine will NOT be a southern home school that
uses any of their materials. The materials provided on the web site are
highly opinionated and the evidence does not support the conclusions around
the quotes.

                                 Anne

At 07:08 PM 2/26/03 -0500, you wrote:
>On the internet, go here   <A
>HREF="http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/treasures/trt027.html">http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/treasures/trt027.html</A>
>
>You might also visit here <A
>HREF="http://www.crownrights.com/caesar/index.htm">http://www.crownrights.com/caesar/index.htm</A>
>for a
>rather conservative, but factually accurate for the most part, discussion of
>Lincoln as "America's Caesar."
>
>JDS
>
>To subscribe, change options, or unsubscribe, please see the instructions
>at http://listlva.lib.va.us/archives/va-hist.html

Anne Pemberton

http://www.erols.com/stevepem
http://www.educationalsynthesis.org