From:
Rondina Muncy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2012 11:12:15 -0500
Eric,

My point was that you do not need a database if you can look at digital or
microfilmed images of the original documents. Derivative sources are
helpful, but reliance on them often leads researchers to overlook documents
that will answer their questions.

While everyone's tree being online is an ideal, it is only so if the
information includes the sources it is based on. Looking at online trees is
a low priority for myself and the use of information posted should be
followed with research to document the discoveries. The opportunity is
there to achieve what you want, but with millions of hobbyists re-posting
someone else's inaccurate and undocumented conclusions with no analysis,
I will not see this in my lifetime.

I do not post to the Muncy tree. My husband was a descendant of Francis
Muncy of Virginia.

Rondina
Rondina P. Muncy
Ancestral Analysis