From:
"Wickstead, Laura" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2013 17:34:34 +0000
Virginia Elections and State Elected Officials website hosted by University of Virginia is superb, but I do not find an active link.   See it mentioned here http://www2.lib.virginia.edu/geostat/

Laura

Laura S. Wickstead
Virginia Room Librarian
City of Fairfax Regional Library
10360 North Street
Fairfax, VA 22030-2514

VA Room: 703-293-6227 x6
Office: 703-293-2136
Fax: 703-293-2155

-----Original Message-----
From: Discussion of research and writing about Virginia history [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of W. Scott Smith
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:07 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [VA-HIST] Researching 19th century General Assembly members

Dear Group,

I'm writing to see if anyone has any good techniques for researching former General Assembly members (other than poring through Acts of Assembly one-by-one). The web site for the Virginia House of Delegates has a good 20th century listing, but nothing on the 19th century.

I am seeking information on Maj. James Woods of Nelson County, who died in 1832. His obituary said that he was a former member of the General Assembly, but I don't yet know what years he served.

Thanks in advance,

Scott Smith
Lynchburg, VA