From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2007 13:05:34 -0700
I understand your point and want to clarify my remark. There are few
historians of color, who have accepted writings about the white American
experience. By that statement, I mean that their writings are not accepted
over the writings of those who lived the experience. Within the Native and
African experiences here in America is seems more acceptable for white
historians to write our experiences. That is probably unique to America, I
don't know. My point is not to say that others should not write our history,
but that we are lacking a body of writing from Native and African
perspectives. I do like reading from those who are making observations, but
when they come to conclusions that fit their own bias, well it is hard to
accept.

I want to thank everyone who has responded for being open to the discussion.
I am open to everyones opinion, and hope that I am responding in kind.

Anita

Live Hotmail.