From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2007 15:31:02 -0800
This is so true! My african ancestry has never been questioned, but when I
share the information from my DNA some folks have a problem. It is genealogy
pure and simple, and some folks don't want a discussion about race mixing.
I found records of my ancestors in Pennsylvania, in which they are described
as Mulatto (in the early 1800's). My mother told me they were Native, and I
asked her why they did not check Indian. She said that the ones who did that
were shipped to Oklahoma. That is why many Natives were checking Mulatto, to
remain in their own lands.

Anita