From:
"Lonny J. Watro" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Sep 2005 14:42:28 -0400
Could anyone tell me the history of the Belmont Plantation of Keswick Hunt County. To pass the time I occassionally look through the Wall Street Journal's Friday's Country Estates pages to see what plantations are on the sellers block. This week there are two listed in the Charlottesville area that appear to have some history.

Medow Hill Farm near Wintergreen Resort is only circa 1913.
But then there is Blemont which is claimed to be:
"Historic circa 1735 manor home on 23 acres in heart of Keswick Hunt County."

I searched the Internet to see if I could find a historical write-up for Belmont of Albemarle (which is the county it would have probably been a part of in 1735) - no luck. I'm sure Belmont must have had some interesting inhabitants, because their neighbors would have been the Jeffersons, the Merriwethers, the Lewis's, the Walkers, and other notable Albemarle citizens of that time.

Thanks,
Lonny Watro