From:
"N.K. Moran" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 10:40:09 -0600
Dear Mr. Watro:  Thanks for replying to my  question.  The part of
Virginia I'm interested in would be Western (modern) Virginia and West
Virginia. I will check with the sources you mentioned and see what they
have.   As for  the Civil War,  I 'v noticed wherever the war was most
intense the preservation of records seems to be poor.  Portions of
Georgia and South Carolina have huge gaps in what was preserved due to
the conflict.  I also got my start in History looking at my family
tree.  We have been in West Tennessee since the 1820's coming from
Central Kentucky and prior to that from Virginia.   In the course of
searching for earthquakes I have run into my ancestors a few times.
Thanks for the information
Sincerely
Kent Moran
Center for Earthquake Research and Information
University of Memphis