Date:
Sat, 30 Aug 2003 13:37:45 EDT
I'm going to try to rephrase my previous question. Hope someone can clear it
up for me. I appreciate it. Thanks in Advance,
Marlene
My question is on the Tithables that was listed in the book on VIRGINIA
TITHABLES FROM BURNED COUNTIES,      by Robert F. & Isobel B. Woodson.
THIS IS MY QUESTION. Do these tithables include the slaves also or only the
white tithables. for 1773 & 1774?
The reason I am asking is because in the later years 1782 & etc. they also
list the slaves in the total tithables. I am trying to determine if there are
more children for this person.
I strongly suspect it includes the total tithables including slaves over 16
years of age also as the law required from 1748 and I can not find a reference
in the book if this is TOTAL Tithables or is it only Total White Male
tithables.

Thanks to Everyone in Advance