From:
John Shroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 2004 15:04:12 EDT
Please add me to the list for a copy.  John Shroeder, 5418 Inverchapel Road,
Springfield, VA 22151-2020.

I'll be more than happy to reimburse you for your costs and postage if you'd
let me know what that would be.

Thanks,
John

From:    Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: AMERICAN MARCH MUSIC ca. 1806

Finally. I have completed MARTIAL MUSIC IN THE AGE OF LEWIS AND CLARK. =
Of course it is larger than I ever intended - 26 selections from the =
first decade of the 19th century, each arranged on one page for the =
military band of the time: 2 clarinets, 2 natural (no valves) horns, =
bass line + percussion. Also 8 pages of text about the band, the =
instruments, and the music, with images of some music from the 1750's to =
about 1816, plus a rare photo of a guy actually playing a serpent horn, =
ca. 1978. And finally, a CD of the 26 selections performed by the Band =
of the Piltdown Fusilers. The astute student of history will recognize =
the latter is a complete fraud. There never was such band, but the =
selections are 'performed' through magic of the MIDI sounds which my =
FINALE(r) software produced. So at least you can get an idea of what the =
bands sounded like.

I had promised members of VA-HIST who were interested (and hopefully who =
will see the music gets played in celebration of the bicentennial of =
Lewis and Clark through this American Martial Music) a free copy, and =
indeed heeding the admonition in MAN MAX BEYOND THE THUNDERDOME - "Bust =
the deal, face the wheel" I am now ready to fulfil that promise. Just =
send me your snail-mail address, even those who have already done so =
since I have lost all those Emails.

Given the size of the tome, I am going to have to charge $16 to the =
general public, and shall start a marketing campaign in a month or so. =
Therefore, I feel I must put a sunset on my FREE offer to VA-HIST. So =
let's make that the end of this month. If you get your cards and letters =
and Emails to me by July 31, then its free!

Thank you for your patience.

Randy Cabell