From:
Janet Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 20:55:08 EST
I wanted to thank all of you who responded to my post on the above issue, and
in particular, Jim Self who sent me the URL, for a website "Yellow Creek
Stories", which tackles this very question directly, says Braddock killed
more than one "colonial", that the Fassit brothers claimed to have been
involved, although they appear to have been in Pennsylvania, not on the
Eastern Shore of MD/VA, and their are questions surrounding who actually
killed him.  The story does not paint a flattering picture of General Edward
Braddock (not a hard thing to accomplish), and says Fassitt shot him to get
it all over with (as well as revenge, I suppose).  As I am not a scholar on
the issue, I can't pass any judgment on the accuracy....

http://www.garlock-elliott.org/archive/YllwCrkSt/CHAPTER15.htm

There are a number of other interesting stories in the Contents which can be
found here, many of which have to do primarily with Ohio (I haven't read them
all).

http://www.garlock-elliott.org/archive/YllwCrkSt/CONTENTS.htm

Thanks again for your responses...and I'm still interested in puzzling out
where these Fassitt boys hailed from.

Janet (Baugh) Hunter