From:
James Brothers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2007 11:19:47 -0400
During the 500th anniversary of the arrival of Columbus there was a
lot of discussion on the pro and cons of European settlement of the
"New World". One statement by a young priest in California I think
was especially poignant and non judgmental. He said for those of us
of mixed race the arrival of Columbus was our birthday.

Some of my ancestors were early arrivals at Jamestown. Some of our
ancestors arrived on the second boat into Plymouth. Some of my other
relatives were already here to greet them.

James Brothers, RPA
English, Irish, Scot, Norwegian, Welsh, French, Mohawk, and Ottowa.