From:
qvarizona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2007 08:05:13 -0700
Henry,

I was responding to  earlier posts today in which  someone wrote that Turner was comparable to  G.W.

Joanne

Henry Wiencek <[log in to unmask]> wrote: It was not Nat Turner who compared himself to George Washington, but one of
Gabriel's rebels of 1800, who said, "I have nothing more to offer than what
General Washington would have had to offer, had he been taken by the British
and put to trial. I have adventured my life in endeavoring to obtain the
liberty of my countrymen, and am a willing sacrifice in their cause."

Henry Wiencek