From:
Daniel Morrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2008 17:14:56 -0400
You are correct!

He was a Trustee and Rector, not President, succeeding Alfred Leyburn
as Rector, from 1879 to 1887.

See http://ir.wlu.edu/about/presidents.htm

Ever seen a photograph or painting of him?  I have several of Mary
Evelyn Anderson . . . but NONE of her father.

Even BETTER, any thoughts on Anderson papers relating to 1853-1854?
(I've checked and/or done due diligence at W&L, VMI, Duke, LVA, UVA,
UNC, Duke, & VHS)

Best,

Dan

Daniel Morrow