From:
Janet Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 15:14:31 EDT
Addendum to my post.  I should have added that an additional factor (the
additional factor) that forced Alexander to give land to the serfs is that
THEY were beating down his doors for relief.  As was pointed out in another
post, there was no organized rebellion of American slaves, so no need to
really have to come up with "a plan" with subsequent direct accountability to
the slaves for their welfare.   I like that "Lincoln didn't free the slaves;
he fired them".

Janet (Baugh) Hunter