From:
Ralph Mills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2007 00:27:01 EST
In a message dated 1/12/2007 8:27:05 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

there  are 27 listed sources for "Knights of the Golden Horseshoe" at
the Virginia  Historical Society; a few might have the information  you
want.

Nancy

Nancy, thank you for pointing me to the Virginia Historical Society.   I'll
track it down and check it out.
And thanks, too, for the google results.

Since Governor Spotswood went to the trouble of having the golden  horseshoes
made for the "gentlemen" who accompanied him on the expedition, I  have
assumed that somewhere there must exist a list of the people who were  gifted these
specially designed golden horseshoes and who were declared to be  members of
the "Knights of the Golden Horseshoe."

I have read that one James Taylor and his brother Edmund Taylor were among
those "gentlemen" and I am trying to find some primary source for that  claim.

Thanks for the help, Nancy.

Ralph Mills
Los Angeles, CA