From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2007 09:45:23 -0700
I don't understand the justification for slavery, whether it was European or
African slaves. It is pure and simple a means of taking from one group for
the economic benefit of another.  Those who owned slaves are now facing the
God they claimed to worship. These learned men had to have known that
slavery was immoral, and enslaving another human being was not something
that any God sanctioned. To bring suffering to another living creature is an
abomination (IMHO). All we can do is look back and continue to learn from
those past mistakes.

Anita
>From: Paul Heinegg <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Madison's slaves (and black descendants?)
>Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 11:33:52 -0500
>
>How could Madison have been a "good slaveowner."
>He owned other human beings as his own property. That not only degraded
>those human beings to the level of farm animals, it shows that he had no
>morals, no character. That was uncivilized, barbaric behaviour.
>Paul

Don’t miss your chance to WIN $10,000 and other great prizes from Microsoft
Office Live http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/aub0540003042mrt/direct/01/