From:
Barbara Vines Little <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 09:57:50 -0500
I'm not sure what incident you are referring to in regard to Cicley
Reynolds, but slaves did have the right to trial and there many examples in
the various county order books. Orange County, for example, documents a case
where a slave was tried (and convicted) of poisoning her master.