From:
Tom Apple <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 11:24:23 -0230
On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 23:21:46 -0400, John Maass wrote
> Anyone have recent info on the new Jamestown flick?

Having some extremely mininal involvement in providing some props, and
knowing people involved in the production, I would not hold high hopes for it
to be anything historically pure in either events or material culture. It
seems to be the artistic vision that everything in the early 17th c. was dull
and dirty. And I understand a scene involving the Indians attacking the fort,
scaling the walls and shooting flaming arrows was shot. I hope it lands in
the cutting room floor rather than in the finished product.

All that being said. Early 17th c. genre films are rare, especially those
dealing with Jamestown. As with the Disney Pocahantas film, the off-shoot was
a more intense interest in that period of time. It will be interesting to see
all the people whom we've read about coming to life on screen. Though I know
I'll cringe at certain aspects of the film, I look forward to seeing it
nonetheless. And yes, the trailers for the movie do look really cool!

Regards,

Tom Apple