From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 2004 15:55:39 -0500
Wow, Marsha.  Those are great stories about people making their own ties to
sell!!!  re West Virginia, I have just read a short paper by a Cabell cousin
who grew up in West Virginia about digging in a family/community coal mine
to get coal to burn in the home..... even as a young kid.  Then how her
mother struggled after the death of her husband -- moved to Morgantown, got
an accounting degree, put the children through college.  We middle-class
yuppies today think it has always been an easy life, and lose sight of the
fact that many of us are barely a generationn removed from real poverty, and
real success.

I'll keep you in the loop.

Randy