From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2007 16:09:54 -0700
Linda,
I know of what you speak. My Uncle had blue eyes, and so did my maternal
grandmother. Several of my aunts have red hair & Freckles. My daughter has
auburn hair and Freckles (and was always trying to wash her freckles away).
'There is a rainbow of people just in my family. I know that there are
people on the list who belive that any history that is not kind is negative.
As I mentioned previously, I cannot judge anyone, all I can do is give my
opinion.  God is the ultimate Judge (or Buddha or Allah, whoever you believe
in), not me. Someone on the list tried to make a negative remark when I
mentioned that my lines interesect with Geroge Washingtons. My ancestor,
Mary Bowden was the granddaugther of William Monroe, President Monroes'
Grandfather. She was born to the Mulatto daughter of William Monroe, who
lived in his house, and carried the Monroe name. My understanding is that
talking about race mixing and Virginia History is a no-no. It is the
elephant in the room that no one wants to acknowlege.

Anita

>From: Linda Threadgill <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: This forum-Now All in the Family
>Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 13:20:19 -0700
>
>Anita,
>As I have stated to one of the list members, when I look in the mirror I
>wonder which ancestor(s) I resemble. Who am I most like personality wise,
>etc. With mixed ancestry a person should find it difficult to choose a
>favorite or to be angry with one because of circumstances you do not
>understand or have incomplete information about.
>
>After doing DNA testing and finally being able to connect to a tribe in
>Africa,  I realized that my ancestors participated in slave trading and
>continue today with enslaving their young women for religious purposes.
>These are some of the reasons I have not participated in some of the
>discussions about slavery. How can I condemn one and defend the other based
>on race?
>
>Linda

Need a brain boost? Recharge with a stimulating game. Play now!
http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=club_hotmailtextlink1