From:
"John Pearce (jpearce)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Oct 2010 14:06:29 -0400
Lyle, great quest!  Three things come to mind--a) is there any research which might be known to those associated with the Library of the (Masonic) Grand Lodge of Virginia (I believe some "Masons" were "masons"), b) Work at the White House years ago revealed quite a number of mason's marks in the Virginia stone used there--might they have data? and c) same question re US Capitol.  (Possibly same with other early buildings in Richmond and in the region?--Capitol?  Governor's House? check Dept. of Historic Resources?  restoration architects, archaeologists?)

John Pearce