From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Sep 2008 23:00:32 -0400
Herbert,

 When I asked if you had read all of Kukla's book, I was especially
interested in your feelings towards Chapter 4, about Elizabeth Moore
Walker - Betsy Walker whom Jefferson pestered over a span of ten or more
years, to be his lover. Kukla states on pg 55: "Jefferson's aggessive
pursuit of Elizabeth Walker reflected a more predatory sexuality than the
addolescent reverence that had characterized his tongue-tied obsession with
Rebecca Burwell. No longer a student, .. [omission].. and acting out a role
from the angey texts in his noteebooks -- the playwright Thomas Otway's
lusty bull ranging through th efields, singling his female out and enjoying
and abandoning her "at Will".

Not only was the Betsy Walker one of the "scandals" brought to public light
by your favorite "liar" James Callandar, but Jefferson even LIED his
daughters about the reason that the friendship between the Jeffersons and
the Walkers came to an end. Pg 236-7 contains the sources for this part of
the book which includes letters from Walker and his statements.

Seems to me, Herb, that your throwing around the issue of LIES, could be
thrown back in your face, or Jefferson's if you prefer.

Anne

Anne Pemberton
http://www.erols.com/apembert
http://www.educationalsynthesis.org