From:
Craig Kilby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2012 10:10:15 -0400
Eric,

Thanks for the clarification. So there was an inventory of his estate. Good to know. And that certainly does kill him. Your theory of being buried at the school property makes sense, and he probably did have a tombstone. But that will probably never be proved in our lifetime. He may not have been a wealthy merchant at the time of his death. Merchants were notorious for having more money owed them than they had in the bank, so to speak. And also for owing a lot of money to other people at the same time. In other words, his estate had no money. That's just a guess, and you are more familiar with his paper trail than I am.

Craig Kilby