From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 06:15:03 -0400
1 - I wholeheartedly support the program DEEDMAPPER.  It has a few
eccentricities but once you work with it a while, you will get the hang of
it.  I have used it with 20th century maps.

2 - Tom Bannister @ U of Rochester is a wizard when it comes to plotting old
land patents, with or without GPS.  Some of his maps of what is now Nelson
County are available on line through the Univeristy of Virginia Special
Collections.

3 - Somebody @ Georgia Tech has done considerable work with GPS and Civil
War maps, and modern maps -- plotted a lot in and around Atlanta, and I
think a couple of years ago had a contract with one of the Virginia
Battlefields -- perhaps Chancelorsville.

Randy Cabell