From:
James Brothers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Nov 2008 02:59:04 -0500
Each and every genetic cross is unique.

Flip a coin it comes up either heads or tails. The probability of
either is 50% for each and every toss. If you get 5 heads in a row,
what is the chance of getting heads again?

The answer is 50%.

The mere fact that you got a string of heads, does not mean that you
are more likely to get tails on the next toss, The probability remains
50% for each flip of the coin and is not dependent on previous tosses.
It is only when you have large numbers of trials that the number of
heads and tails will reach 50%.

The same is true for people, each cross is unique. Both my ex and I
have brown hair (dominant). Yet of our four children two are blondes.
Was it the mailman? No, I was a blonde until I reached puberty, my
ex's brother is a blonde. The genes for blonde were there and
expressed in our children.

It is entirely possible for two "Black" people to have children all of
which are lighter skinned. It is equally possible for them to have
children who are all darker skinned. If they have hundreds of
children, on average they will all have the same skin color as their
parents.