From:
Jane Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jane Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2007 19:24:31 -0400
Martha:  You are right on target as always.  However any material goods that they Ver able to acquire does indeed open up a window into lives that we may not be able to gather information from as easily as some others ( that is wealthy planters,farmers et al)  and can indeed show us that these people were human and wished to bring some happiness into their lives via freedom and the right to acquire at least something to pass on to children and other relatives who may appreciate them in the future.  Jane Steele.