From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 17:31:22 -0400
Randy,

     Dear mother-in-law bought hubby a J.E.B. Stuart hat for a birthday
gift a number of years ago, from a place in Richmond called Dixie Uniforms.
Richmond phone book doesn't list a Dixie Uniforms, but does list a Dixie
Fashions, phone number (804) 741-6364 .... no address is listed, and when
the birthday hat happened, the company sent a sheet to be filled out for
measurements, and sent back the finished garment/s. They do not want you to
come to their location. So, if Dixie Fashion is Dixie Uniform, they could
probably make your uniform. The workmanship on the hat was excellent. Just
tried to call the number and got an answering machine, but it sounds like
it could be the same place.

        Good luck,

                        Anne

At 01:39 PM 6/7/01 -0400, Randy Cabell wrote:
>I am interested in finding somebody who can make a high-quality
reproduction of a Virginia Militia officer's uniform c. 1870-1900 --
Richmond Blues perhaps.  Most of the sources that I find on the Internet
(Civil War Uniforms) look el cheapo (polyester---yuk :((  )

>Randy Cabell
>
>To subscribe, change options, or unsubscribe, please see the instructions
>at http://listlva.lib.va.us/archives/va-hist.html

Anne Pemberton

http://www.erols.com/stevepem
http://www.geocities.com/apembert45