From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2006 05:47:55 -0400
Thanks, so much, Karen for the lead.  Those words make sense for the Lottery
AND for the tune.  The structure is that which survived well into the mid
19th century and the American Civil War...   i.e. a gazillion verses and in
this case not even a chorus.  Egad, by the time the singers got finished
with the whole thing, people would be screaming to put money into the
Lottery to stop the song!!!

Randy Cabell