From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2007 13:14:28 -0500
I was thinking the same thing, how beneficial these discussions have
been about white/ black/ native relations and situations, and how
extremely complex they are, once you scratch the surface. So much we
don't know about the other; so much we think we do know! I feel we've
learned a lot and cleared away some old misconceptions, or at least
agreed to disagree, something that, sadly, will never happen in the
larger culture, driven by the media as it is and the sound bites and
snappy headlines; no one will ever bother to look at the deeper
issues, the bigger picture, and come to any greater understanding. We
will continue to bicker, misunderstand and misjudge, as we have for
so long.

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone