From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2007 22:32:12 -0500
Late last year there was an article on the NY Times website, maybe
you all discussed it here. Talk about hooey- a few NY "historians"
claiming Jamestown had no hold on the national development at all, it
was a bunch of wood and mud hovels that soon fell into the mud, the
real beginning that should get the credit was... Henry Hudson! Boy I
wrote them a pointed letter, and my guess is I was not the only one.
By the time the day was half gone, they had pulled the prominently
placed article from the website. The arguments by those "historians"
were the most biased, ignorance-based loads of baloney I have ever read.

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone