From:
"Harold S. Forsythe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 13:19:45 -0400
  Well said!
  Edmund Morgan in the last paragraphs of American Slavery, American Freedom:
The Ordeal of Colonial Virginia, eloquently argues for the relevance
of the experience of Virginians in the colonial era to our present
dilemma.  As we consider the complexities of Thomas Jefferson
and the other Founders, I can't think of a better aid than a rereading
of Morgan.

Harold S. Forsythe
History & Black Studies
Fairfield University