From:
Bob Shriner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2007 09:59:26 -0500
   The long and overly-heated 'discussion' in this thread reminds me of the thoughtful observation of the noted Lebanese historian Kamal Salibi that many (perhaps most) wars are fought over the interpretation of the past.
 The level of personal hostility and 'ad hominem' attacks displayed in recent emails to this list is truly astonishing, and frightening. I hope that it will not continue. It is inappropriate, uncalled for, and certainly uncivilized!

 :-) Bob
 Robert D. Shriner, Ph.D. ([log in to unmask])
 Warrenton, Virginia U.S.A
 540/349-8193 Cell: 703/795-4355