From:
Robin Gabriel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Nov 2005 09:58:10 -0500
Thank you all for your opinions and comments (and for validating my
skepticism) on my quotation citation question. It seems that most of us
(including Monticello staff) are in agreement that this does not sound like
something Jefferson would have said. Of course there is always an exception
to every rule, so I can't entirely rule Jefferson out as the author, but
c'est la vie.

I agree with Jurretta J. Heckscher about the proliferation of bogus
quotations on the internet. I can only imagine what teachers have to deal
with in regards to inaccurate info in student papers!

Thanks again,

Robin Gabriel
Monticello Education Department