From:
Jon Kukla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2006 09:21:32 -0400
Have you searched the Library of Virginia website catalogue? Virginia
Historical Society website catalogue - or checked with the
Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation?

> Things are falling into place for my Jamestown projects.  Thanks to the
> Library of Virginia, I have six outstanding color covers of piano music,
> and will put them into a package with the music itself.
>
> Dr. David Diggs at Lehich University will make a CD of music from
> celebrations of 1807, 1907, and 2007 (the latter so far is only my march
> THE TRUMPETER OF JAMESTOWN).  And that brings up a question.
>
> We would like to put some appropriate picture on the cover, probably of
> the 1907 celebration.  I have one and have seen a second book on the
> Exposition, and there are a wealth of photos in both.  Can anybody tell me
> where those photos reside, and if I can browse through them and see if
> there is a good one for the CD jacket?
>
> Also I would appreciate any other suggestions for a color painting or such
> which might be appropriate for jacket.
>
> I have completed a one-page FANFARES for THE TRUMPTER OF JAMESTOWN and
> shall be glad to mail it to anybody who needs (or just wants) some
> fanfares which are typical of that time, and who knows.... part of which
> may have been played by that elusive trumpeter.
>
> Randy Cabell

Dr. Jon Kukla, Executive Vice-President
Red Hill - The Patrick Henry National Memorial
1250 Red Hill Road
Brookneal, Virginia 24528
www.redhill.org
Phone 434-376-2044 or 800-514-7463