From:
"Harold S. Forsythe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 14:12:13 -0500
  That is an interesting proposition, but save for Eugene Genovese's observation
(perhaps in a talk around the time of the publication of Roll, Jordan, Roll) that
slavery would have been destroyed by revolution during the Great Depression of
1930s, I cannot think of a historian who has theorized about this
alternative history.