Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 19:38:37 -0600
Hello Beth.....

Diana's father is (according to one of the other descendants of this line) a
Capt
rather than a Col Harrison (who married Priscilla Cary). They are both supposed
to be distantly related to the Harrison Presidential line... with the common
ancestor
supposedly Anthony of Over, England.

I don't know how my Diana (b 1 Oct 1744, Albemarle Co VA; d 31 Oct 1821,
Wilkes Co NC) or her father, Benjamin  connect with the other Harrisons. She
married Benjamin Martain/Martin of the New Kent Co VA Martins....and they
removed to NC in the 1782 timeframe IIRC.

There's another Harrison in Surry/ Sussex Co VA...John Harrison who was exec
of the will of Clement Hancock and likely father of Mary who married Clement
Hancock Jr...and aside from "knowing" that he is not of the line of Harrison ,
the Signer, I don't know where he fits in either. Does anyone look familiar ?

malinda