From:
Herbert Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2008 14:51:29 -0500
Ms. Heckscher,

Anyone (not limited to Ms. Zolkover by any means) who has taken the time to
review two web pages: www.tjheritage.org and www.angelfire.com/va/TJTruth
will read my research results as well as the Scholars Commission Study (13
prominent professors (black, white and female), who found NO basis for
branding Thomas Jefferson the father of the Sally Hemings children. DO YOU
NOT RECOGNIZE THESE NAMES?) In my opinion people who author, anti TJ  books
can easily be seen as part of a large politically correct, historical
revisionism agenda and readers are now being able to "see through" this
charade. What is that old saying....birds of a feather fly together. Yes, in
my opinion, it does seem that you uphold false and misleading authorship by
such perpetuators of such inaccurate and misleading statements, as expressed
in Mrs Gordon-Reed's book.

Can you not, as a historian, assess the available information surrounding
this controversy and separate it from the "let's nail Tom" because he owned
slaves. Please assess the detailed information I have presented on these
pages and in the two mentioned web pages and then tell me that AGR is
correct when she states that Thomas Jefferson fathered 7 Hemings children.
Have you asked HER where her proof is? Also ask her WHY, in her first book,
she rearranged the important private letter from TJ's granddaughter to her
husband about TJ's sleeping quarters that resulted in a 180 degree different
meaning. Ask her how she can state in her first book that the descendant of
Eston Hemings was not a descendant of Thomas Jefferson and then turn around
in this latest book and BRAND TJ as the father of 7 Hemings? We KNOW DNA
obliterated the claim that one of those, Thomas Woodson, had NO match with
the Jefferson DNA.
You, Ms. Heckscher, are no authority on the DNA Study and in my opinion are
just going along with your friends in their misstatements and we know who
they are.

Herb Barger
Jefferson Family Historian
Asst. to Dr Foster on the DNA Study
Founder, Thomas Jefferson Heritage Society

Ms. Zolkover:

I realize that you are most likely taking your cue on this point from the
perpetually choleric Mr. Barger, but his language is happily
uncharacteristic of this list.

Thanks.

Jurretta Heckscher