From:
James Brothers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Dec 2005 13:53:01 -0500
If the official histories all refer to the Virginia, is it really
only poetic license/alliteration that resulted in the Monitor and
Merrimac?  Out of curiosity when does "M&M" first show up? Are the
early reports of the Virginia and Monitor? Has anyone ever looked at
the chronology of the use of the names?